Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blogging from Tampa, Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012--What Your Missouri Delegation Did Today

By Kay Hoflander, Missouri Delegate At-Large

As the 2012 RNC Convention goers arrived Saturday evening in Tampa, they were met with the news that the convention will be postponed a day due to impending severe weather from Tropical Storm Issac as it "bore down menacingly on Florida".  To read the full story from the Associated Press, click here.

Several Missouri delegates, alternates and guests as well as Kansas City Channel 9 reporter/blogger Michael Mahoney and his 20 Pounds of Headlines were on our Kansas City late afternoon flight to Tampa. Read his first blog of the trip here.  He sat a couple of rows ahead of me, but I refrained from tapping him on the shoulder and saying something stupid.  We have had quite enough of that in Missouri in the past week, in my humble opinion.

As we were taxiing in, I turned my iPhone on, admittedly early because the girl across the aisle already had hers on and because I couldn't wait to get to the news. However, before I could get to the Drudge Report, my phone rang. How slick was this. It was a conference call for delegates from Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus explaining that the convention would be postponed a day and giving us early details on how that would work. Much appreciated timely information.

Check here again for daily reports on "What Your Missouri Delegation Did Today."