Friday, June 13, 2014

Meet JoAnn Swartz, Republican primary candidate for Recorder in Lafayette County






JoAnn Swartz shares her thoughts on running 

 for Lafayette County Recorder



My name is JoAnn Swartz.

My husband, Randy and I live in Lexington and have been married for 24 years.
Randy is employed by the U.S. Postal Service in Richmond. We are the proud parents of two children. Our daughter Karmen is 23 and employed by Cerner in Kansas City, Kansas, and is married to Josh Ghisalberti who works for UPS through Higginsville. And our son Nick is 19 and is attending Wentworth Military Academy and College as a freshman.

I am originally from Dover. My parents are Albert & Josephine Ryun and I am the daughter-in-law of Donna Swartz and the late James (Skinny) Swartz.

I am running for the office of Lafayette County Recorder of Deeds. I have had the privilege of working for over thirteen years as Deputy Recorder for long time Recorder, Patsy Olvera. Prior to my time in the Recorder’s Office I worked several years in the County Assessor’s Office and have several years of experience in different areas of banking. I am currently a member of the Immaculate Conception Church of Lexington, the Federated Republican Women, the Lexington Area Chamber of Commerce, Lexington Tourism Bureau and the Lexington Historical Association. I have currently completed serving my ninth year as a Lexington School Board member with the last three years serving as School Board President.

It is my belief that in any position held within the County you are a public servant that offers a high level of customer service to all citizens throughout Lafayette County and if elected I will continue the high level of customer service that has always been present under the leadership of Patsy Olvera.
I am asking for your support and vote in the August 5th primary.

Thank You.