Friday, June 13, 2014

Meet Penny Grosso, Republican primary candidate for Recorder of Deeds



Penny Grosso shares her thoughts on running for Recorder in Lafayette County

 

My name is Penny Grosso, and I am running for Recorder.

I will bring a lifetime blend of government and real world experience to the Lafayette County Recorder’s office. Currently serving as Executive Director for the Lexington Area Chamber of Commerce and Contract Manager for two License Bureaus, I understand the need for top notch customer service, accurate record keeping, and accountability to taxpayers.

Raised in Odessa, I arrived in Lexington in 1973 to work for Mattingly Stores Company.  I held several positions with Mattinglys, including administrative assistant, accounts payable manager, and buyer.  From Mattinglys, I went on to run a successful small business for 15 years – before serving almost a decade as Deputy Recorder of Deeds for Lafayette County.  For the last four years, I have worked with small businesses through the Lexington Area Chamber of Commerce.

My husband, Dan, and I have been married 32 years - and have 4 sons and 7 grandchildren.  Dan has been an instructor at Wentworth Military Academy for 10 years after retiring from the public school system. We are active members of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Lexington and as lifelong Republicans; we have worked to instill conservative values in our family and community.

In these lean fiscal times, it has never been more important that our tax dollars are overseen by someone with a proven track record of success. I will ensure continuance of strong transparency and fiscal accountability in the Recorder of Deeds office